Asbestos & Toxic Exposure
The Lanier Law Firm is one of the most experienced asbestos litigation law firms in the world. Our expertise and reputation in these cases derive from a long, successful track record that spans more than two decades. Asbestos and other chemicals that have many positive and helpful uses also can be dangerous or even fatal. Unfortunately, Americans are frequently exposed to toxic chemicals that are discharged accidentally into our air or water and those that are present in our schools or workplaces. Fatal illnesses can be caused by exposure to such toxic chemicals as:
The Lanier Law Firm has significant experience working on behalf of families and victims of chemical exposures. Since 1998, Mark Lanier has won substantial recoveries on behalf those affected by asbestos exposure and those suffering from mesothelioma. Just one of those cases centered around 21 steelworkers who contracted asbestos disease at an Alabama steel mill (Aaron, et al. v. Abex, et al, February 1998). The workers were exposed to asbestos while using a grinding wheel. The jury found the defendants liable for marketing and design defects, negligence, gross negligence and malice.
Our attorneys have a wealth of experience dealing with the specialized scientific and medical issues that are common in asbestos and toxic exposure lawsuits. Our reputation for courtroom excellence gives us the added leverage to negotiate significant settlements on behalf of clients who would rather be spending time with their families than sitting through a trial.
Just a few examples of substantial recoveries on behalf of our clients include:
- 22-year-old woman with mesothelioma who was exposed to asbestos as a child while attending school in an aging school building;
- 67-year-old refinery worker diagnosed with mesothelioma, a rare form of cancer caused by years of asbestos exposure in his workplace;
- 39-year-old brake mechanic with mesothelioma caused by exposure to asbestos found in automotive friction products;
- 48-year-old woman diagnosed with mesothelioma who was exposed to asbestos as a child by dangerous fibers her father unknowingly brought home on his work clothes.
- 78-year-old railroad worker with mesothelioma who was exposed to asbestos over years on the job;
- 38-year-old man with brain cancer caused by exposure to vinyl chloride through his job in a PVC plant.
We are also pursuing claims for other workers in high risk occupations, including:
Vinyl chloride plant workers, polyvinyl chloride fabricators, beauticians and barbers. Vinyl chloride can cause angiosarcoma of the liver and, in some cases, glioblastoma of the brain.
The Lanier Law Firm understands the emotional and financial stress caused by chemical-induced illnesses, and our lawyers receive a tremendous amount of satisfaction knowing that they’re helping families in their time of greatest need.
Contact us for more information about our Toxic Exposures practice.