Mesothelioma and Asbestos Exposure
Since 1990, The Lanier Law Firm has provided sound legal representation for victims of mesothelioma, asbestos exposure and other toxic exposures in courtrooms across the Unites States. We believe that every client deserves quality legal counsel and a fair day in the courtroom.
Our attorneys understand the emotional and financial stress caused by mesothelioma, and they receive a tremendous amount of satisfaction knowing that they’re helping families in their time of greatest need. The Lanier Law Firm is one of the most experienced asbestos litigation law firms in the nation. Our expertise and reputation, in these cases, derives from a long, successful track record that spans over two decades.
Mark Lanier and the attorneys at The Lanier Law Firm believe in a personal approach to each case. Mr. Lanier’s outstanding track record on behalf of mesothelioma victims is bolstered by a handpicked team of attorneys trained in dealing with the specialized legal, scientific and medical issues involved in asbestos and toxic exposure lawsuits.
Our reputation for courtroom excellence gives us the added leverage to negotiate significant settlements on behalf of our clients, who would rather be spending time with their families than sitting through a trial. The Asbestos Litigation team at The Lanier Law Firm transfers real experience into expertise and knowledge. Our asbestos team does nothing else within the firm but focus on this devastating litigation. The breadth of our experience provides clients with confidence that there is rarely anything that this team has not already faced, researched, and resolved in the mesothelioma arena. The learning curve in any client’s case is minimal if it exists at all.
The tragedy of mesothelioma is not lost on The Lanier Law Firm. What victims of mesothelioma are going through should have never happened in the first place. Mesothelioma came about as a man-made hazard in which the offenders knew about and chose to subject unknowing and trusting people to this deadly disease. Mr. Lanier and our team have made it their life mission to hold these companies accountable for the devastation they created. No price can be put on a family member’s health and well-being. However, the accompanying financial burden is a distraction that no one should have to endure.
Companies were aware of the devastating affects of asbestos as early as the beginning of the 1900s. In order for The Lanier Law Firm to completely immerse ourselves in this story and demand justice for victims, Mr. Lanier actually gathered what is widely regarded as the world’s largest collection of asbestos products that were once part of everyday lives, which are invaluable points of proof in the courtroom. This collection of deadly products, which is kept under protective seal, reminds our attorneys exactly who they are fighting for and why every day.
Mr. Lanier also purchased a series of crucial documents from the now bankrupt Industrial Hygiene Foundation to create one of the most immense Asbestos Libraries in the United States. Our private access to the documents within this library provides resources known to few other firms, which allows us to better represent our clients.
Our asbestos and toxic exposure track record includes significant recoveries for such clients as:
- A 22-year-old woman with mesothelioma who was exposed to asbestos as a child while attending school in an aging school building;
- A 67-year-old refinery worker with mesothelioma, a rare form of cancer caused by years of asbestos exposure in his workplace;
- A 39-year-old brake mechanic with mesothelioma caused by exposure to asbestos found in automotive friction products;
- A 48-year-old woman with mesothelioma who was exposed as a child to asbestos that was carried home on her father’s work clothes. Her exposure was a result of playing with her father when he got home from work before he changed his clothes and from helping to launder the work clothes;
- A 78-year-old railroad worker with mesothelioma who was exposed to asbestos over years on the job;
- 21 Texas steelworkers injured by an asbestos-containing grinding wheel.
Our triumphs on behalf of our clients is proven everyday by:
- A winning track record of top verdicts and settlements on behalf of mesothelioma victims;
- Access to the most complete and comprehensive background evidence that leaves no stone unturned in supporting your case;
- A team, led and trained by Mark Lanier, who is repeatedly recognized by the media as well as his peers for groundbreaking work in asbestos cases;
- A purpose that is born of true compassion for our clients and an unmatched understanding of the next best steps to obtain compensation for treatment, for family members and for justice against those who purposely put the almighty dollar in front of people’s lives.
Other chemicals that have many positive and helpful uses also can be dangerous or even fatal. Unfortunately, Americans are frequently exposed to toxic chemicals that are discharged accidentally into our air or water and those that are present in our schools or workplaces.
We also pursue claims for other workers in high risk occupations, including: Workers who are exposed to vinyl chloride, plant workers, polyvinyl chloride fabricators, beauticians and barbers. Vinyl chloride can cause angiosarcoma of the liver and, in some cases, glioblastoma of the brain.
We hope that you seek legal representation to assist you through this experience. No one should have to feel their way blindly through the legal process, and it is important that you seek the assistance from those who have done this before with success. We hope you will consider The Lanier Law Firm, as this is our passion and expertise. Our purpose is born of true compassion for our clients, an unmatched understanding of the next, best steps for family members, and for justice against those who put money ahead of people’s lives.
Contact us for more information about our Mesothelioma and Toxic Exposures practice.